The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, the Alliance is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment that allows the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and environment, empowering women, and helping consumers save time and money. In alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals, CCA is working to achieve universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
The Senior Associate, Operations (Senior Associate) is an integral member of the CCA Operations Team, responsible for providing agreement and budget support. As a member of the Operations Team, s/he will be responsible for supporting CCA’s various program teams, acting as a liaison between programs, CCA Operations, and the UN Foundation. This position requires effective internal communications around agreements, due diligence, compliance and budgeting. While CCA has invested time over the last few years revamping operational processes, we see this as a constantly evolving effort. This position will be a critical partner in helping the operations team to continually find efficiencies and implement best practices for internal processes, controls, and budget management.
This is a full-time with benefits role based in Washington D.C.
Contracts, Grants, and Agreements:
- In support of Senior Manager, Operations & Compliance, work with program teams to develop and execute agreements (contracts, grants, sponsorships, etc.)
- Own and track contracts, grants, and agreements through the full life cycle from inception to execution to closeout
- Maintain a strong understanding of donor compliance requirements and support with conducting partner due diligence
- Liaise with UN Foundation Contracts Team on agreements, and maintain understanding of UN Foundation processes and procedures
- Communicate with CCA teams on the status of agreements and provide guidance on processes
- Maintain agreement data in Salesforce and serve as internal subject matter resource on Salesforce administration
- Support monthly operation reporting to leadership by compiling operations metrics and status reports
- Provide ad-hoc support to the CCA Operations team and Senior Manager, Operations & Compliance
- In support of Director of Finance, provide support to program teams on budget balances and reporting
- Support month-end closing, reporting processes, and requirements
- Support in periodic donor budget and financial reporting, including quarterly IATI reporting
- Support Director of Finance with timekeeping and overall donor financial compliance
- Assist in weekly payment processing, and serve as an internal resource on payment status
- Assist with financial year-end closeout
- Periodically liaise with UN Foundation’s Finance Department
- Assist in ad hoc reporting to senior leadership
- Support the continued development and implementation of operational processes
- Along with the full Operations Team, conduct operations training and support in onboarding of new hires
- Assist in the operational standup of new projects
- Assist in launching and maintaining CCA’s project management tool, ClickUp
- Liaise with CCA’s Development Team and maintain UN Foundation standard organization documents
- Respond to ad hoc operational requests
- Other duties as assigned.
We seek applicants with an interest in and ability to proactively manage multiple requests and jump in where needed. We are interested in applicants who have experience in providing programmatic support through agreement development and budget management. We seek candidates who can cultivate effective working relationships with people, internally and externally, from a wide variety of types of organizations, cultural backgrounds, and areas of expertise.
Most of all, we are seeking the following qualities which are fundamental to success, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required, with 2-4 years of applicable work experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and translate budgets
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple task and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature who takes initiative
- Team-oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently
- Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), with particular emphasis on ability to create compelling and professional PowerPoint materials
- This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.